Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:29:49 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scsi-da does not work with INVARIANTS (fwd)

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 13:49:30 -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:
> Ken is aware of the following problem.  It is in both cd(4) and da(4) as
> well as stable and current.  One possible approach would be to run
> {da,cd}register() from a task queue and not at interrupt time.

That would be tricky, since the peripheral registration process currently
expects a success/failure return from the peripheral constructor.

Just putting the sysctl creation in a task queue, though, would not be too
difficult.

One question I have, though, is whether task queues run in a thread context
or not.  If not, then we'll have the same problem.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org