Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 1995 17:13:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      Mikael Hybsch <micke@dynas.se>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Beta version of driver for Sony CDU33A cdrom

I have uploaded a driver for the Sony CDU33A CD-ROM to
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/incoming/FreeBSD/scd.tar.gz

The driver is almost complete. I can mount cdroms and play audio
but there are some ioctls missing and some things could work better.

The driver was written by reverse engineering the linux driver,
and by "borrowing" ideas and code from the mcd driver.

I called the file scd.c but when I should add it
to files.i386 there were already a line for a scd driver at
i386/isa/scd.c. Is someone else working on a driver for Sony
or is this for something else?

My drive is connected to a SB 16 MCD (both came with SB Discovery 16).
The SB 16 MCD doesn't use interrupt, so that is left to do (for someone
else, with a real Sony card).

If people with Sony drives test this driver and send me bug reports
or code I will try to maintain it (hoping that it later will be
included in the source so I can install 2.1 from CD).

--
 Mikael Hybsch                        Email: micke@dynas.se
 DynaSoft, Dynamic Software AB        Phone: +46-8-615 84 00