Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:13:44 -0400
From:      "Tamouh H." <hakmi@rogers.com>
To:        "'Jonathan Horne'" <freebsd@dfwlp.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Temperature Monitor

>=20
> On Sunday 23 July 2006 18:10, Tamouh H. wrote:
> > Beautiful! That did the trick.
> >
> > adding to the kernel:
> >
> > device =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0ichsmb
> > device =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0smb
> > device =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0smbus
> > device =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0intpm
> >
> > and then installing mbmon from source fixed it!
>=20
> out of curiosity and for the sake of scientific method, did=20
> you happen to do the kernel adds and the try the port again=20
> to check failure, or did you do both and then check?
>=20
> just wondering,
> jonathan

For the sake of the scientific method, I've removed the above kernel =
lines, recompiled, rebooted and mbmon is still working!

Yet, I suspect mbmon is not reporting the correct temperature, because =
after all that and a reboot , the temperature is still exactly the same:

Temp.=3D 36.5, 50.5,  0.0; Rot.=3D    0, 1850,    0
Vcore =3D 1.34, 1.51; Volt. =3D 3.36, 5.21, 12.56,   0.00,  0.00

This machine runs P4 , Intel D865GVHZ motherboard.

On another machine running dual Xeon, SuperMicro board, mbmon wouldn't =
be able to retrieve any data. It just hangs there.

Tamouh