Date:      Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:07:21 +0100
From:      Michael Kastner <kastner@galt.de>
To:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Found a Fix "eclipse crashing on startup"

Some of you might remember my desperate post from January 24th 2006 about
eclipse crashing on startup. Well, at last, I found a fix - thanks to Panagiotis
whose efforts were fundamental to overcome my ignorance.

First I changed the JDK from 1.4.2 to 1.5.0. Then I applied the patch from
Mikhail (Thank you for the patch, Mikhail. Saved my life!):

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2005-October/004487.html

Since I am not really experienced with patching, for all those feeling insecure
what to do with the patch, I quote Panagiotis' instruction:

"... apply Mikhail's patch as follows:

- first add the two new lines in the jdk15 port's Makefile as suggested by the
first hunk (EXTRACT_AFTER_ARGS plus the space before)
- lump the rest of the patch (beneath the ---next part--- line) in a single file
(named something like patch-syszlib and drop it in the jdk15/files directory
- if you have checked out revision 3 of the port, remove
files/patch-j2se::zlib-1.1.3::zconf.h

Then build and install the new jdk15."

Boy, that really made my day