Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 06:25:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au
Cc:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Robin_Blanchard@gactr.uga.edu
Subject:   Re: buildworld over nfs failing consistently

On the 4 tree, at least, you haven't had to do the 'chflags' bit for a
while.

I usually do a

# cd /usr
# mv obj oobj
# rm -rf oobj &
# cd /usr/src
# make -DNOCLEAN buildworld |& tee buildresults | tail | mail mvh &

so I can get out of the way in 30 or so seconds, and I get mail when
it's done.  I also have a log of the build which is useful if it fails
- 'tail' doesn't generally go far back enough, though of course that
is configurable.

- Mike H.