Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 2008 15:40:23 +1000
From:      Da Rock <rock_on_the_web@comcen.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mysql rc script failure

Has anyone else had trouble with starting mysql server with the rc
script?

I've only just installed from ports (as a dependency, mind) and
technically it should just start when you run the rc script - it sets up
the db dirs and stuff so it can just run. But I can't get it to do the
setup stuff automatically, and so the script fails. I've done the setup
manually before so its no real biggy, but I imagine others would be more
than a little frustrated.

Anyone else have this trouble? I just realised I had to do this last
time too...

For reference: I'm starting the script manually for testing at this
point (if that makes a difference- which I believe it shouldn't).