Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 1997 08:56:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Remotely power cycle a machine...?

On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> 	Does anyone know of any way of doing a remote power cycle of a machine?

Can't find our manuals, so I don't have the manufacturer or contact info,
but we've got several boxes called TeleBoot 450's, which control up to 5
devices each. The manufacturer does make a smaller device as well.

Basically, you hook up the teleboot to a phone line, and plug the
device(s) into the teleboot.  You then call the line, enter a 4 digit
security code, and a single digit of which device to power cycle.  The
Teleboot then turns of that socket for aproximately 10 seconds.

Supposedly, you can cascade several TeleBoots on a single phone line, but
we haven't done that yet.