Date:      Tue, 7 Feb 2012 08:34:59 -0800
From:      Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
To:        "C. P. Ghost" <cpghost@cordula.ws>
Cc:        Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@intranet.com.mx>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Software Development using Freebsd.

On Feb 6, 2012 6:13 PM, "C. P. Ghost" <cpghost@cordula.ws> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@intranet.com.mx>
wrote:
> > Now we will try to have a graphical mode in Freebsd. With that we would
like
> > to be able to develop graphical applications for Windows (we all know
that's
> > the market and here some companies is what they are looking), so maybe
sound
> > crazy but I am looking to develop applications for Windows without using
> > WIndows or Microsofot products at least.
>
> Go for Qt. It is a great cross-platform C++ GUI framework, with plugins
to SQL
> databases, networking and everything you would typically need. There's
even
> PyQt, if you want Python bindings.
>
> Check out the examples in the Qt distribution too to get an idea:
>
> http://developer.qt.nokia.com/doc/qt-4.8/all-examples.html
>
> --
> Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/

I agree Qt is a great solution however you are probably going to want to
ship static binaries to windows clients (only), especially to non-techical
end users... otherwise it gets kind of insane, much more challenging than
distributing java based apps IMHO.

But the IDE is fantastic plus you get a nice integration with webkit.

if I remember (been awhile) the license terms are a little different for
static, would have to re-read carefully.

Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA