Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:35:11 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        "pgollucci@freebsd.org" <pgollucci@freebsd.org>, Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>, "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, bug-followup@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/137843: Cannot compile devel/apr (version 1.3.8.1.3.9) on AMD64

on 21/08/2009 15:28 Jeremy Messenger said the following:
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 07:16:57 -0500, Matthias Andree
> <matthias.andree@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Same for me, on i386. Removing the listed leftover libtool15/libltdl15
>> files/directories let the devel/apr build succeed, where it would fail
>> before.
>>
>> Given that the devel/libtool15 port is gone:
>>
>> 1. Can we have a pkg-install script that purges the obsolete libtool15
>> stuff (as listed, but substituting ${PKG_PREFIX} for /usr/local) post
>> a successful libtool22 install?  Apparently the older pkg-plist were
>> incomplete, so that libtool15 didn't get completely removed on
>> uninstall, and a libtool22/libltdl22 post-installation cleanup of
>> libtool15 seems the natural way to solve.
>
> No need to, the /usr/local/bin/libtool15 wasn't in libtool15 for over
> three yeaers. It looks like you use FORCE_PKG_REGISTER that force
> overwrite and that libtool15 was never remove correct.

Maybe it looks so, but it is not so.
I never used FORCE_PKG_REGISTER and I performed
portupgrade -o devel/libtool22 libtool-1.5\*
portupgrade -o devel/libltdl22 libltdl-1.5\*
exactly as UPDATING suggested.

The date on the offending files was 26 Dec 2005.
This system is quite old and was continuously incrementally updated, so the files
must have been installed by some older version of libtool and never properly
cleaned up.

--
Andriy Gapon