Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 1995 07:11:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Steve Mansfield" <smm@uunet.uu.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot disk not letting me boot.

I'm trying to boot my system with a freebsd boot disk (boot.flp dd'ed to a
floppy), and I actually get to the point where I get the boot prompt, and
regardless of whether I just tell it to boot, or go into -c mode, and
diable all of the drivers I don't have devices for, I get a "page fault
while in kernel" error.  Can someone explain what I need to do to get this
to boot completely?  I get the error after it does the device probe.

Steve Mansfield  |The captain frowned. "It's a funny thing," he said, "but
smm@uunet.uu.net |why is it that the heathens and the barbarians seem to have