Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 2003 01:21:13 -0700
From:      "Ezra Banoba" <ezra@cfi.co.ug>
To:        "Philip Payne" <philip.payne@uk.mci.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: backup static routes for freebsd (default)

Thanks Phil,
I tried some guesswork myself to add the secondary default routes router
style with weights and that's the only way the route add command will accept
another default route. I do not know how freebsd interpretes this:
route add default [gateway] [administrative weight]

though this has no effect when i birng down the default route.

Maybe a script to ping the gateways at intervals will do.
Any other ideas are welcome.
Thanks.

Ezra Banoba
Systems Administrator/Programmer