Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 13:30:03 -0500
From:      Dan Riley <daniel@vailsys.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        "John T. Farmer" <jfarmer@sabre.goldsword.com>, conrads@neosoft.com, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, jfarmer@goldsword.com
Subject:   Re: Advice on audio strategy needed

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Most likely he has an Intel motherboard which you can indeed disable
> the
> CS4232C. At any rate Sujal Patel's PnP stuff should be able also to
> disable
> the CS4232c however the BIOS will still reserve the CS4232c's IRQs
> which translates to wasting IRQ during the BIOS init.
>
> So the question now is : what is his make and model for his
> motherboard.

If this is a Intel Atlantis or a similiar Intel mb with the Crystal
Audio integrated chipset, I went through the same thing several months
ago and at that time there was a utility on the Intel web site for
configuring the integrated Crystal Audio PnP options (if you care to
boot dos).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dan Riley