Date:      Thu, 03 Apr 2014 18:44:05 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@passap.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any news about "msk0 watchdog timeout" regression in 10-RELEASE?

03.04.2014 15:21, jason-freebsd-stable@shalott.net пишет:

>>> I did try upgrading sys/dev/msk to r261577; it didn't help.
>>>
>>> I also tried downgrading sys/dev/msk back to the version
>>> from9.0-RELEASE; also didn't help.  I looked at trying to downgrade the
>>> relevant portions of sys/dev/mii back to that same version as well, but
>>> clang choked on it, and I didn't have time to dig in any further.
>
>> I managed to use msk at CURRENT by disabling multi-core at BIOS (and get
>> kern.smp.cpus: 1).
>
> I tried this.  The first time I rebooted after changing the BIOS, the
> machine booted okay, but after the msk card had passed about 200k, the
> entire machine locked up hard, and I had to power-cycle to get it back.
>
> After that, it behaved as previously -- after passing about 200k total,
> the card hangs and there's an interrupt storm.

Last idea from my side (since you run stable not current) -- do you
load the driver by loader.conf?

This is my message to freebsd-current@:
-----
As of r261651 at CURRENT the driver works for me if:
. disable multi-core at BIOS (so kern.smp.cpus: 1);
. do not load driver at /boot/loader.conf (i.e. use the builtin kernel
  driver);
. disable WITNESS* and INVARIANTS* (GENERIC does not work even with
  single CPU).
-----

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)