Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 1995 04:02:22 -0500
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange arplookup() message

At one site I know they get console messages about once every hour or so
from each of 4 FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE (as of about 5 months ago) machines:

	arplookup 0.0.0.204 failed: host is not on local network

These messages are coming from @line 452 of if_ether.c, and (obviously)
itaddr.s_addr == myaddr.s_addr (I put in a debug statement, and sure
enough, the IP address of the machine pops out).

Rebooting doesn't help.  "arp -a" doesn't list 0.0.0.204 .

Why are we getting these messages?

More importantly, how can I make the message disappear (besides doing
something stupid to if_ether.c)?

Thanks...