Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:19:33 -0800
From:      "Majid Almassari" <majid@ibroadcast.net>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Single User mode...

I guess my previous post about hosing up my system doing cvsup is
essentially ends up with the same problem of not being able to boot to a
single user mode.
typing boot -s does not work it gives no boot
typing "boot -s" does not work. it gives one beep sound.
typing 'boot -s' does not work. it gives one beep sound
typing -s boots up multi-user mode and it does not take my root or my
regular account password.
As you can see I'm doing trial and error So I'm stuck now well I probably
need to reinstall FreeBSD 3.2 and I got a SCSI CD-ROM can I boot of it? I
tried but it did not work I toggled the BIOS to boot of SCSI disks first did
not work. OK so I might need a floppy but where do I get mfsroot and the
kernel disks. I searched the FTP site to no avail. Any help is appreciated

--
Majid Almassari, MSEE, MCP.
Systems Administrator