Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 20:44:31 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        Daniel Nilsson <daniel.n.nilsson@home.se>, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mikasa boot problems

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 11:14:02AM -0500, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> Daniel Nilsson writes:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I'm trying to boot the 4.2-release on an AS1000 EV5/300
>  > machine (aka Mikasa). I' tried booting the kernel from
>  > both the floppy and the CD-ROM but the results are the
>  > same, the kernel loads and finds all hardware in the
>  > machine. It gets to the point where it prints the message
>  > about waiting 15 seconds for SCSI devices to settle and
>  > then I get a message from de0 about switching to 10BASE-T.
>  > I can see the SCSI devices beeing reset but after that
>  > nothing. I tried unplugginf all the SCSI devices from the
>  > builtin 53C810 controller but that didn't make a difference.
>  >
>  > Any ideas what to try ? The machine runs with linux 2.2.16
>  > and Tru64 5.1
>
> I ported the AS1000/AS1000A support from NetBSD.  I don't think the
> 1000A support has been tested yet.

Go and washed thou mouth with soap..!

I have 4.2-something running on a AS1000A at work. Actually I use it as my
FreeBSD-builder. Mine is a EV5/400 BTW.

So, I don't understand why mine has worked for a long time now..

--
Wilko Bulte  	 					Arnhem, the Netherlands
wilko@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org 		http://www.nlfug.nl