Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:47:35 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
To:        epilogue <epilogue@allstream.net>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: retrieving OpenOffice 1.1 fails

Hi,

epilogue wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:16:47 +0800
> Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I try to build OpenOffice-1.1 on FreeBSD 5.2 RELEASE since last Sunday.
>>
>>Make is not able to download the sources from any of the servers.
>>
>>I updated the ports tree every day since then and it still does not work.
>>
>>Are there any other URLs known where to get OpenOffice?
>

> with a little effort googling or digging around in the freebsd.org/ports
> section or learning the portupgrade+portdowngrade tools, i am sure that you
> will be able to locate the sources.  however, i would suggest saving both

The problem was, when I did this, the source has not been at the
servers. To add to this, I normally use www.leo.org as my source for
those things. This server is currently not available.

> yourself and your machine a lot of time and energy.
>
> 1) visit and _bookmark_ http://porting.openoffice.org/freebsd/

This is what I did earlier.

> 2) click the link to packages and find the version for you
> 3) download and place in /usr/ports/packages/All
> 4) package_add /path/to/file

I came until here.

> 5) start working with oo.

But could not start working as I ran into a version conflict on some
libraries which would automatically be fixed if I would compile it on
the target machine.

My good luck is, it looks like that I found the sources at an Australian
server.

Thanks!

Erich