Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 1995 12:47:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
To:        Joe Nieten <jnieten@mudman.ghgcorp.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help on /dev/psm0 i/o address conflict

On Fri, 4 Aug 1995, Joe Nieten wrote:

> I just installed 2.0.5 on one of my machines, and, now I cannot get X to work
> properly.  I've traced the problem to dmesg telling me that psm0 is conflicting
> with sc0.  This did not happen in 2.0 ... how do I fix this?  If I cannot use my
> /dev/psm0 I cannot use X and that makes my machine useless.  Do I need to go back
> to 2.0?

	no need to return to 2.0

	rebuild a kernel with the conflicts line  (see LINT kernel example)

device psm0 at isa? port "IO_KBD" conflicts tty irq 12 vector psmintr

Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com       | Analysis & Technology, Inc.
FreeBSD Postmaster   jmb@FreeBSD.Org            | 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
play go.                                        | Arlington, VA 22202
ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life      | 703-418-2800 x346