Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 95 10:35:41 CDT
From:      grant@cobber.cord.edu (Chris Grant)
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com (FreeBSD questions)
Cc:        grant@cobber.cord.edu
Subject:   Is SMC EtherEZ supported? SMC 83795 chipset?

Hello all!

I have a spare EtherEZ, new 16-bit, supposedly snazzy 'plug-and-play'
compatible ethernet card that I would like to use for an installation
of FreeBSD_2.1.  If it matters, it says 'SCO compatible' on the box, and the
main processor chips has '83C795QF P<cr> C9436<cr> 6M59986-6' on it.  And
the order number on the side of the box is 'SMC8416BT'.  Is this card
supported in any way?  My suspicion is no, but I thought I should
check anyway.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--Chris

--
Christopher K. Grant | Oh Spot, the complex levels of behaviour you display
Concordia College    | connote a fairly well developed cognitive array.-Data