Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 2013 10:39:33 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   editors/vim: unsusable behaviour of evim after update/reinstallation on ALL CURRENT boxes

--Sig_/MCb_k6b/tP.LaVHB.VYlkOr

After updating port editors/vim a while ago I realised by now that the
port does not have any configuration possibility anymore. More strange
(and bugging) is the fact, that using evim now results in usage of a
terminal with a behviour that isn't vi-like! It is not possible for me
to escape the INSERT mode by hitting the ESC key and quitting. Somehow
the editor persists to stay in insert mode. More bad, there is no more
"windowed mode", like Notepad or something else I' dexpected.

What happend to vim? At the moment, this stupid setup renders vim
unusable. I tried to remove all my personal config/setup files for vim
(like .vimrc and those residing in /usr/local/etc), but with no effect.

Any suggestions? I'm helpless. And where are the "make config" config
options? They seem to be gone.

regards and thanks in advance,
Oliver

P.S. Please CC me, I'm not subscribing freebsd-ports. Thank you.

--Sig_/MCb_k6b/tP.LaVHB.VYlkOr

--Sig_/MCb_k6b/tP.LaVHB.VYlkOr--