Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2013 05:02:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Subject:   Re: BIND segway -> python -> first-class ports

--
> R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer

I was going to say that one way I used bsdlabel was to create a bootable disk image to boot FreeBSD with grub2 or grub4dos.

I would then escape to loader prompt and switch the root partition to the proper place.

I didn't use it because my other solution worked: USB-stick installation of FreeBSD, boot that, escape to loader prompt and switch the root.

I could even unload and switch the kernel, like for instance
boot /boot/kernel2 -a

By the way, running NetBSD disklabel is a major pain, and undependable, an argument for switching from MBR to GPT.

I am not familiar with JunOS or JSON.

Tom