Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:43:12 -0400
From:      "Generic Player" <generic@unitedtamers.com>
To:        "Bob Collins" <bob@sfcei.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: AMD K6/550

> I am interested in building a new system based on the AMD K6/550
processor.
> Is anyone using this with FBSD, and are you satisfied with it's
performance?
> I am concerned about whether or not it will work and to what level. I am
not
> concerned with overclocking.
>
> TIA.
> Bob Collins

I wouldn't bother with a k-6 if you are building a new system.  The athlons
are quite reasonably priced, and they don't suffer from alot of the heat and
instability issues that the k-6 line did.  If you go with an athlon though,
make sure you get a good motherboard, there are a few real bad ones out
there.  I would recommend either the ASUS board or the Abit board.

Generic Player