Date:      Sat, 01 Jun 2002 11:40:53 -0600
From:      Ian <freebsd@damnhippie.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Broken IPv6 DNS servers (Was: Is gethostbyname2() reentrant?)

On 05/31/02 16:53, Peter Haight wrote:

> Yeah. I'm in the middle of the Mozilla code base as you probably remember,
> trying to fix the problem of these bad DNS servers. I did complain to the
> technical administrators for the ones that were giving me problems, but I've
> only received form letter replies and they are still broken.

Have a look at ports/net/adns.  I'm not sure it's an appropriate solution
for mozilla in terms of the adns license, but the package itself seems
pretty solid, I've used it for async lookups where I need good control over
timeouts on multiple outstanding requests.  The documentation (almost
non-existant) sucks, but the code works.

-- Ian