Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:55:34 -0600 (CST)
From:      Tom Duffey <tduffey@wi.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More IBM Netfinity 3500 SMP problem

Thanks for clearing up the confusion regarding optional SMP kernel
paramaters.

Unfortunately, my 3500 with dual PIII 733's still fails to boot if I
compile the kernel with "options SMP" and "options APIC_IO."  Is there
anything out of the ordinary that must be done to make SMP work with the
Netfinity 3500 M20's?

Is it possible to step through the kernel boot procedure to determine what
exactly is causing the machine to stop?  Or, is there any information I
can provide that would be useful to the SMP developers to resolve this
issue?

Thanks,

Tom Duffey