Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:47:41 -0700
From:      Craig Calef <craig@anonymizer.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell PowerEdge with Redundant Power Supplies

--=-4IJKhl4HxIG2p+KD+KXG

Hi Everybody,
	I've recently bought a Dell PowerEdge 1750 server with redundant power
supplies.  This raises the question..  How do I detect when one of these
power supplies fails?  I've tried loading APM drivers, getting an SMBus
driver to load, and played around with the old IPMI stuff to no avail.=20
Has anybody ever gotten this working or could atleast find a direction
to point me in?  If I can just get the status from some program I can
take care of the rest of the "let me know about it" things myself.  I am
running FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT on this machine and just CVSup'd yesterday.

Thanks everybody,
Craig Calef.

--=-4IJKhl4HxIG2p+KD+KXG

--=-4IJKhl4HxIG2p+KD+KXG--