Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 1995 11:24:34 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        lix@cs.pdx.edu (xiaoyin li)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: uucp question

> I am trying to have my FreeBSD machine communicate with a SVR4 unix machine
> through uucp via modems.  I tried to put uucp configuration files in
> /usr/lib/uucp or /etc/uucp.  But it does not work.  Can someone tell me
> where those files should be located, and are those files' names the same
> as BSD4's, such as L.sys, L-devices?  Right now, when I try to log in to
> SVR4 unix by "cu hostname" whose name is assgined in L.sys, system returns
> me "hostname system not find"

>From "man uucp":

FILES
       The file names may be changed at compilation  time  or  by
       the  configuration file, so these are only approximations.

       /etc/uucp/config - Configuration file.
       /var/spool/uucp - UUCP spool directory.
       /var/spool/uucp/Log - UUCP log file.
       /var/spool/uucppublic - Default UUCP public directory.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.