Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2012 20:46:39 +0200
From:      Aleksandr Stankevic <alex@elpastas.lt>
To:        "Simon L. B. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Replacement for ftp.lt.freebsd.org

On 12/16/12 8:26 PM, Simon L. B. Nielsen wrote:
> On 28 November 2012 08:12, Aleksandr Stankevic <alex@elpastas.lt>
> wrote:
>
>> {www,ftp,cvsup}.lt.freebsd.org is currently hosted in one
>> hosting company in Lithuania. Since i left the company a few
>> years ago, nobody is taking care of it, and they want to get rid
>> of the server. They also host the lt.freebsd.org zone. They have
>> asked me to take care of it nicely.
>>
>> I have created a new server (zfs raidz 4x2tb drives, 8 gb ram) in
>> a university i also work in. It's currently in process of
>> syncing. I also transferred the DNS zone for lt.freebsd.org to
>> the new DNS servers.
>>
>> Can we please switch the lt.freebsd.org zone from
>> ns1.data.lt/ns2.data.lt to ns1.viko.lt / ns2.viko.lt ?
>
> I tried to contact the name we have on file from the zone "Domas
> Mituzas" but the mail bounces, so could you please create a TXT
> record in the zone containing "New DNS ns1.viko.lt" to verify the
> change?

Entry added:

$ dig +short txt lt.freebsd.org @ns1.data.lt
"New DNS ns1.viko.lt"

As for the contact point - Domas Mituzas hasn't been related to
lt.freebsd.org mirror for a long time already. Can we switch the
contact point to me ( aleksandr.stankevic@gmail.com ) ?
If an approval from Domas is needed - i can ask him to do so.