Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 2010 19:42:33 -0500
From:      Peter Steele <psteele@maxiscale.com>
To:        Tim Judd <tajudd@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: How customized can an mfsroot be?

> But ... why are you constricting yourself to use mfs_root?  I have many t=
imes ran FreeBSD completely from CDrom, which
>will give you all 700 (or a DVD, 4.3G) usable space.
>
>I'd be happy to help, if you have questions.  but please direct the questi=
ons to the mailing list.

The reason I was doing it this way was because I didn't know how to provide=
 the CD-ROM environment a writeable file system for /tmp and /var. Obviousl=
y these have to be setup as some kind of ram based file system. What's the =
trick?