Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 16:08:56 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        kbert@gmx.net
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mylex DAC960LB

> Hello,
>
> I want to install FreeBSD on my AlphaServer 1000 4/233. The boot-floppies
> brought the machine right up into the install-routine, but no disks where
> found. The RAID-Controller is a Mylex DAC960LB with NCR53C720 chipset.

Actually, the DAC960LB is the little widget that you plug into the
battery-backup connector on a number of different Mylex controllers.

> In the listing-archive there are several rather old docs concerning this
> controller, but what is the actual position?

Not actually knowing which controller you have, or whether you've
configured it, it's hard to know what problem you actually have.  My
initial guess would be that you haven't yet actually built an array with
the Mylex setup utility, and thus there are, indeed, no drives.