Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:46:54 -0500
From:      "Steven D. Smith" <sds07@health.state.ny.us>
To:        Gernot Hueber <hueber@riic.at>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pppoe, netgraph problem

--0__=pY4KpIY0XCSVTK48x7sNXDlFXMREpy7YEru9ckcTE8knNIDavWDUp8tD

What is the difference( freebsd 4.3 RC)  between using pppoe and ppp (when ppp
supports pppoe)? Right now my system is configured to use ppp for my adsl
connection. Verizon, my isp, had recommended a windows system with winpoet... I
know that, for some reason, if I loose my connection (THANKS VERIZON!) I have to
re-connect via winpoet and switch the ethernet cable.... then everything is fine
until next time...

Gernot Hueber <hueber@riic.at> on 03/26/2001 08:30:03 AM