Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 1998 07:41:41 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        "John M. Purser" <jpurser@wilcofarmers.com>
Cc:        "'dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk'" <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>, "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FW: One step forward....

On Fri, Mar 27, 1998 at 08:56:00AM -0800, John M. Purser wrote:
> On Friday, March 27, 1998 8:21 AM, Duncan Barclay
> [SMTP:dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk] wrote:
> >
> > Hi John,
> >
> > Hope you -newbies don't mind me (been around FreeBSD a few years)
> > helping out?

> Mind?  Hell no bud!  If you've got the patience and have worked out these thing
> before then speak up!

 ... but PLEASE always move your conversation to freebsd-questions if the
matter is at all suitable for that mailing list. Answers to questions,
solutions to problems at any level belong on -questions where others can see
them.

I'm not so much worried about this one specific conversation but if I don't
respond loudly to the above comments, others will take it as being open season.

Anything that covers "how to go about learning" rather than "how to fix the
problem" sits well in a newbies-only environment, *because* newbies can
fairly safely help each other on that without being pre-empted by more
advanced users.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-