Date:      Mon, 01 Oct 2001 18:19:06 -0700
From:      "Glenn Gombert" <glenngombert@onebox.com>
To:        unsafe at any speed <erich@ucsd.edu>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Configuring 3Com 3C589 on Dell Insprion 5000e

Hello,

  Thanks for your help... What I had to do to make this work (its not
written down in any of the 'standard' FreeBSD documentation that I could
find was to edit the file pccard.conf file found in "/etc/defaults/ppard.conf"..
to include only the 3Com card I was interested in, and then add the following
line to /etc/rc.conf.. “ppard_conf=”/etc/ppard.conf”.. That and putting
the following line into my kernel configuration file allowed me to start
using the card: "device ed"... Now I can get the /usr/src code on my
5000e 'synched up' with the data that is now on current...

--
Glenn Gombert
glenngombert@onebox.com - email