Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:42:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   one-line curses-type lib? (somewhat OT)

Hello All

I've been fiddling with ncurses for a while and it doesn't seem to provide
what I need right now. I need a method for writing positionally to one
line, and one line only, sort of like a curses for one terminal line, not
the whole screen, a la the progress line in cdparanaoia ans rpm. Can
anybody tell me which lib facilitates this? Is there one?

I'm digging up the src for cdparanoia right now but would appreciate any
input. Hopefully this isn't simply tricks with the backspace char in
printf ;-)

Thanks - JB

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg