Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 2020 13:16:41 +0100
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>, Andrei <az@azsupport.com>, elastic@FreeBSD.org, glewis@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: textproc/elasticsearch7

Greg Lewis wrote on 2020/02/19 16:52:

> Currently there are no beats or kibana ports for 7.x.  The beats port
> means moving the current beats port to beats6 and creating a beats7.
> The kibana 7.x port likely needs someone with some more Node expertise
> to comment on the PR, since last I checked it required a specific
> version of Node that the ports system has passed over.  7.6.x may have
> changed that but I haven't looked yet.

Kibana is always bundled with some version of Node but sometimes in the
past our Kibana in ports had dependency on different version of Node and
it worked.
I unpacked kibana-7.6.-linux-x86_64.tg.gz and found version info of
bundled Node in node/include/node/node_version.h

#define NODE_MAJOR_VERSION 10
#define NODE_MINOR_VERSION 18
#define NODE_PATCH_VERSION 0

It seems like 10.18.0 which is what we currently have in ports tree
www/node10 (it is 10.18.1 but I don't think it will be a big problem)
And the same www/node10 is used for kibana6 port anyway.

But I am not using Kibana anymore and have a very little spare time - I
cannot do Kibana 7.6 port now.

Miroslav Lachman