Date:      Sun, 19 Sep 1999 22:40:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Benjamin M. Manes" <maneben@charlie.cns.iit.edu>
To:        Allix Primus <alleve@idirect.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux Distribution or not ?

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Allix Primus wrote:

> Just wondering whats the difference between freebsd and linux
> distributions, it uses the same things and even uses X , isn't it a
> distribution of linux ? what seperates it from that ?

I think we need to get one of the boys upstairs to write a nice faq
explaining the differences, and then post it on the newbies page. It would
be nice just to point to xxx rather then have tis question be re-answered
ever few weeks (since as newbies, they always think we'll answer
everything wrong, and we might).