Date:      03 Jul 1998 09:19:20 +0200
From:      smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com (Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav)
To:        Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q: FBSD license and multiple copyright holders

Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com> writes:
> As the standard FBSD license reads, it seems to me that anyone who
> distributes a binary-only FreeBSD-based product is legally required to
> print reams of copyright notices in the documentation.  That sucks for the
> distributor and for the customers.

It's there for a reason. I can't understand why UCB hasn't sued the
pants off Microsoft yet... The monkeys in Redmond are shipping
software under Berkeley license without including the proper magic
incantations in their advertising material or documentation.

Wouldn't it be a ball to see Microsoft print "This product includes
software developed at the University of California, Berkeley" on the
cover of every single Windows 98 or Windows NT CD?

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com