Date:      Fri, 15 May 2015 11:31:41 +1000
From:      andrew clarke <mail@ozzmosis.com>
To:        Avinash Sonawane <rootkea@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portsnap fetch : "snapshot is corrupt"

On Thu 2015-05-14 20:13:53 UTC+0530, Avinash Sonawane (rootkea@gmail.com) wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am using FreeBSD 10.1 RELEASE
>
> Whenever I try to fetch the portsnap it says "snapshot is corrupt". I
> rmed `/var/db/portsnap/*` to start from fresh but then too when I
> issue `portsnap fetch` it says the same.
>
> Here is the complete error message : http://pastebin.com/AiLn8QdE
>
> Anybody has any idea how do I get that missing gz?

I've noticed this happen in the past on the odd occasion. I ruled out
hardware error on my machine and put it down to some sort of
corruption (or more likely syncronisation problem) with the snapshot
server(s). If I waited a while (a few hours) then re-ran portsnap the
errors went away.

Regards
Andrew