Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 16:50:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using gdb with fork()

I am using gdb 4.18 on FreeBSD-current.  The program being debugged
consists of two small files: test1.c and test2.c.  The main() in test1.c
has a call to fork() and for the child process case, it will call a
routine, say test(), in test2.c.

I use "set follow-fork-mode child", "break fork", "step" command trying to
access the source in test2.c without success.  The program is compiled
with "cc -g test1.c test2.c" and I run gdb with "gdb a.out".

If there is no fork(), a call from test1.c to a routine in test2.c will
bring up the source of test2.c if I step that routine.  Why it does not
work with fork()?  Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.