Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:33:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP buildworld times / performance tests

:
:You should be able to remove the splhigh() from sigprocmask and run it
:MPSAFE.  At least, I can't find a reason not to (and it works here, yes).
:
:\\ Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. \\  Mike Smith
:

    Tentitively it looks like we will indeed be able to make sigprocmask()
    MP-safe.  I have to check the rfork() case.  I haven't researched why
    splhigh() was being used there in the first place and I have to do
    that as well.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>