Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:03:55 -0600
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        developers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   MASTER_SITE_LOCAL vs. people.FreeBSD.org

A recent commit reminded me of an effort by David O'Brien to
reduce the HTTP traffic on freefall.  We shouldn't be hosting
distfiles for ports with MASTER_SITES like this:

	MASTERS_SITES=	http://people.FreeBSD.org/~steve

Instead we should be using:

	MASTERS_SITES=	${MASTER_SITE_LOCAL}
	MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=	steve

The best I can I tell there aren't many left but at least the
following ports need to be tweaked.

	devel/codemedic
	graphics/fxtv
	japanese/rogue_s
	lang/smalleiffel-devel
	mail/cclient-maildir
	misc/uk-phone
	misc/vbidecode
	net/yaz
	textproc/tkdiff
	www/mod_zap

If you don't know how to do this either see my recent message
about the wminet port, search for David O'Brien's original post,
or contact me off-list and I'll help out.

Thanks.

-steve