Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:46:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rich Wilson <rwilson@gvpl.victoria.bc.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portmapper? nfsd?

I'm trying to mount an nfs volume exported by a DG/UX box.

I can go the other way (DG/UX client - FreeBSD server works fine)

/etc/fstab on the client, (FreeBSD 2.2.8 koshka) has:
crane:/adv1    /adv1    nfs     rw      2   2

/etc/exports on the server (DG/UX crane) has:
/adv1 -rw=koshka,root=koshka

when I 'mount /adv1' I get:
Cannot MNT RPC: RPC: Program not registered

I realize the problem is probably the nfsd on the DG/UX box.  In fact on
the server (crane) /etc/services doesn't have an nfsd entry, and
/etc/inetd.conf only has:
pcnfsd/1        dgram   rpc/udp wait root /usr/etc/rpc.pcnfsd   rpc.pcnfsd

On my FreeBSD box /etc/services I see:
# RPC based services (you MUST have portmapper running to use these)
#pcnfsd/1-2  dgram rpc/udp wait root /usr/libexec/rpc.pcnfsd  rpc.pcnfsd

But /usr/libexec/rpc.pcnfsd doesn't exist.

Can someone point me to the appropriate place to ask this?

    __o
   -\<,   Rich
   O/ O