Date:      Mon, 02 Feb 2004 00:54:13 -0500
From:      Marc Spitzer <mspitze1@optonline.net>
To:        f-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Does this sound like a good idea for a project?

Hello all,

My idea is a kernel config and build gui for the management of custom kernels and building them and the world.  You would be able to build
and name kernels out of kernel config chunks and build all/some of them.
And then have it tar up the package and move it to a bunch of hosts and install the correct kernel along with the world on the proper targets

For example if you had a web group and a db group with kernels called web and db you could tell it to update src tree and build all kernels(or a subset) and then push to the boxes in the group, installing the proper kernels in each group.  It would also be able to track who did what when.

I know there are lots of home grown solutions out there, so does this sound useful?

To put it simply, I think I might be getting a little rusty and would
like to do something that would be more then self inflicted home work.

Thanks

marc