Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 13:00:50 +0100
From:      Joachim.Jaeckel@arcor.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiprocessor Board and FBSD 3.1

Hello,

I'm using my Gigabyte 2 Processor-Board with FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE and I get
the following message while the computer is booting:

---------------------------------
Programming 24 pins in IOAPIC #0
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor motherboard
 cpu0 (BSP): apic id:  0, version: 0x00040011, at 0xfee00000
 cpu1 (AP):  apic id:  1, version: 0x00040011, at 0xfee00000
 io0 (APIC): apic id:  2, version: 0x00170011, at 0xfec00000
Bad SMBIOS table checksum!
--------------------------------------

- Could you explain me the error-message "Bad SMBIOS table checksum!"? Is
this a problem with my Motherboard or could I resolve it with an extra
entry in my kernel-config-file?

- Another thing of interest for me is, is there an existing software-raid
solution for FreeBSD? Working with a normal SCSI-UW-Controller?

- Is there any documentation about special commands or documentation about
important things to know about FreeBSD/SMP?
(Because, this is the first time I have to administrate a
Multiprocessor-Machine not only as an ordinary user...)

Sorry for this bunch of questions and many thanks in advance!

Joachim Jaeckel.