Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:47:11 -0400 (AST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        kerri@acadiau.ca
Subject:   Overlooking something, but what?   (missing 39160 controller)

Server is an IBM xSeries 360 ... only slot'd card is the 39160, everything
else is onboard ... the card is in the same 64bit slot that it was in when
it worked originally, but I have tested other slots and the same results

If I power up the system, and go into the CMOS, it can see that the SCSI
controller is in slot 4 ... if I wait for the card to be detected and hit
ctl-a, it lets me into the cards BIOS, from which I can detected all of
the drives on the card ...

So, by that, I *think* its safe to assume that the hardware is talking to
each other properly ... right?

The machine has Dual Xeon, 1.5Ghz CPUs, both of which are detected on boot
up, both by the hardware, as well as by the OS ...

I've tried disabling SMP .. just in case .. no effect.

I've just finished building a straight GENERIC kernel, still can't detect
anything ...

Ran through the server diagnostics, and nothing came up ...

Now am trying to boot off of a boot floppy, to see if *that* recognizes
the drives ... 4.6-RELEASE floppy ... that should recognize the 39160
controller, correct?  If so, then that doesn't either ... if not, that was
a waste, but hey :)

Okay, I think I've tried everything ... is there anything that it sounds
like I might have missed trying ... ?

Thanks ...