Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 1995 11:40:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kristyn Fayette <kristyn@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Installing 2.0.5 on wd1 w/ DOS

Hiya,

  I'm trying to install 2.0.5 Release to my second hard disk.  I'm dedicating
all 420 Megs to it.  My first drive is a 540 Meg, dedicated to DOS & Windows.
How do I tell the install program to look on my first drive for the DOS
partition and the C:\FREEBSD directory?  And, how will I mount my DOS drive
later?  Please don't tell me I'll need to copy everything to floppies...

  I really like the new install program over the one in 1.x, but I was a
bit confused when looking at the Label section.  The 1.x series walked you
thru making the partitions you'd need (root, swap space, and /usr).  2.0.5
seems to expect you to know what you need and 'newbies' will probably be
completely lost there.  Perhaps there could be an 'example' document that
illustrates the 'typical' configurations?  I could even be persuaded to
write it.  Just my $0.02.

						-----Kris

--
                    -=(*)=-   Kristyn Fayette   -=(*)=-