Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:46:13 -0500
From:      Steve Tremblett <sjt@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   adding options/devices/etc to kernel

I'm playing with netgraph specifically, but in general I'm curious and
can't seem to find a doc in the manual that answers my question in
reasonable detail.

I'm trying to find the specific path for how "options NETGRAPH_FOO" in
the kernel config file translates to ng_foo.o being linked in the
kernel.

As far as I can tell, I have to put the following things in place:

sys/conf/options:
NETGRAPH_FOO        opt_netgraph.h

sys/conf/files:
netgraph/ng_foo.c   optional netgraph_foo

Are there any other steps that I'm missing?

config(8) and /usr/share/examples/drivers/*.sh suggest that I should be
using sys/i386/conf/files.NETGRAPH_FOO instead of sys/conf/files, but
what about sys/conf/options?  There is no mention of
sys/i386/conf/options.NETGRAPH_FOO.

Thanks all

--
Steve Tremblett