Date:      Sun,  1 Oct 1995 00:09:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert N Watson <rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: restore

Excerpts from internet.computing.freebsd-questions: 28-Sep-95 restore
bmk@dtr.com (260*)

> How can I reinstall the boot manager on 2.0.5?  I've done it using the
> boot floppy - but there has to be another way, right?

> Let's assume for a minute that I've lost my boot floppy and my net
> connectivity.  (I haven't, but that doesn't change the question.)

Grab a copy of the file bteasy14.zip from
ftp.cdrom.com/pub/FreeBSD/tools/dos-tools -- unzip it and run bootinst,
and it should do what you need.  Or, at least, it installs the boot
manager -- I'm assuming you haven't lost the boot loader (the boot: menu
for kernel selection.)

Robert

----
    Robert Watson (rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu) * Double major: IDS/CS * H&SS