Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 2010 19:26:05 +0100
From:      Paul B Mahol <onemda@gmail.com>
To:        Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newfs_msdos and DVD-RAM

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 7:11 PM, Fabian Keil
<freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de> wrote:
> Paul B Mahol <onemda@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> FreeBSD 9.0 CURRENT panics when mounting file system created via
>> newfs_msdos on DVD-RAM disc.
>> Something to do about divide by zero.
>
> I recently had a similar problem with a 16GB iPod. I still haven't
> managed to actually mount it, but the patch below at least works
> around the panic.
>
> Does it work for you, too?

Obviously it will fix panic, but will not allow to mount. Zero value
should be handled
already much before. It looks the real bug is in newfs_msdos.

For some reason I did not managed to format DVD-RAM disc with FAT32 on WinXP,
it trashed disc completely so I was forced to blank it with dvd+rw-tools.