Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 1999 10:58:57 -0600
From:      stephen <sjh003@beta.latech.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd named routed

Salutations...
Yes I am a newbie...
Here is what i am trying to do:
P5 90mhz 32 ram 800MB hd
services running
smbd
apache
nmbd
natd <-- focus of attention --)
-----rc.conf page-------
linux_enable="YES"              #enable the Linux binaries
saver="logo"                    #enable the screne saver
gateway_enable="YES"            #enable the gateway for other puters
firewall_enable="YES"           #enable the firewall rc.firewall
moused_port="/dev/psm0"         #enable the mouse ports
moused_enable="YES"             #enable the mouse itself
hostname="serenity"             #enable serenity's hostname
network_interfaces="rl0 ed0 ed1"#enable the network lan cards
ifconfig_ed0="inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"	#lan card bnc
connecting win98 and winNT puters
ifconfig_ed1="inet 192.168.3.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"	#lan card in waitinf
for another puter
ifconfig_rl0="inet 192.168.2.1 netmask 255.255.255.0" 	#lancard connected
to cable modem
dhclient rl0                    #enable the connection to the cable modem
natd -f /etc/natd.conf          #allow network access to internet

-----natc.conf-----
interface rl0
dynamic yes

-----problem-------
i have a friend running named and routed services...
I think it will slow down my already slow machiene...
Do i need to run theses services ???
or can i have the other puters use the cable modem dial up puter do it for
me ???
-----question #1-----
how will the winnt machiene and the win 98 machiene get the new ip
addresses...
will the natd demon assign the addresses automatically...
-----question #2-----
has anyone done this sorta think, and documented it on the web...
it would sure help...
i can just see all my friends getting droped from icq cause my puter is so
slow ???
i only get one ip from the cable modem dial up...