Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 14:55:05 -0500
From:      Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.cc>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
Cc:        "Jacques Vidrine" <n@nectar.cc>, "FreeBSD-Ports" <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Gnome on Current?

On 12 May 1999 at 13:24, "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com> wrote:
> Yes, I have looked at the console output.  No messages at all.  It just sits
> there.  The only message available is Gnome doing a core dump when the X
> server shuts down after I press Cntl-Alt-Backspace.
[snip]

I can only suggest starting a normal session (i.e. exec mywindowmanager),
and once there, try running gnome-session and poke around at it.  You'll
get an error when it tries to start your window manager, of course, but
no biggie.

You might also check the panel by itself ... run ``panel''.

Finally, try a different window manager ...  I vaguely recall, now that
you mention it, problems running Enlightenment a few months back when
trying the very first 1.0 release of gnome.  So I run WindowMaker.

Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.cc / nectar@FreeBSD.org